Sapphire® Soft Leaf Buffalo – So Fine. So Soft. So Beautiful.
With its fine leaf, soft texture and deep green colour, Sapphire® Soft Leaf Buffalo grass makes for a wonderful lawn for family homes in most parts of Australia. It has a folding leaf that makes it much finer than other Buffalo grasses and many other turf varieties.
Sapphire® has a deep root system that means it will stay greener for longer in dry summer conditions and require less watering than most lawns.
Sapphire® Soft Leaf Buffalo is known for its excellent winter colour. It’s ideal for homeowners looking for a year-round green lawn in Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. It also holds its colour well in those freezing cold Melbourne winters, provided proper care advice is followed.
The key features to choosing Sapphire® Soft Leaf Buffalo turf for your home lawn include:
- Its excellent shade tolerance – up to 70% for low traffic areas
- Its folding leaf that delivers an unbelievably fine and soft lawn
- It produces very little seed head, a common irritant to people with allergies
These notable advantages, combined with its attractive appearance and fine, soft leaves have made Sapphire® Soft Leaf Buffalo one of the most popular turf varieties in many parts of Australia. Sapphire® also offers greater shade tolerance than other grasses and is suitable for up to 50% shade in moderate to high wear areas and 70% shade in low wear areas. If you have active kids or large dogs, Sapphire® could be the perfect lawn for you.
Sapphire® Buffalo – The Number One Buffalo in Shade
Sapphire® offers superior shade tolerance, making it ideal for homes that have lots of trees, high fences or structures that shade the lawn.
With Sapphire® Soft Leaf Buffalo, you get the best of both worlds with Sapphire® – a super soft lawn that’s also hard-wearing.
Sapphire® Buffalo is well-suited to:
- Family homes – With its soft, fine leaf and low seed head, Sapphire® is a great choice for families with young children
- High traffic areas – Sapphire® is hard-wearing and has an excellent recovery rate, making ideal for families with sports-loving kids and big dogs
- Cooler climate areas – with its excellent cold-hardiness, Sapphire® is ideal in areas with in cooler winter climates
Sapphire® Buffalo has so much going for it as a lawn for residential properties in most parts of Australia. However, there are other Buffalo grasses, like Prestige® and Palmetto®, that may be better suited to your location and unique lawn requirements. For further information about Sapphire® Buffalo, contact your nearest Sapphire® supplier.